Planning your success: Goal Setting
Everyone has their own sailing journey, so it is important to recognise your individual abilities and what you want to achieve. Planning ahead will lead you to success in many situations, so setting your goals is a great place to start your next training program.
Not only is it important to set your goals in the first place, it also helps to track your progress and evaluate along the way.
Here are some tips for goal setting:
- Structure your goals so they are S.M.A.R.T.
- Separate your goals into short-term and long-term periods
- For example, short-term goals are to be achieved in the next 6-12 months and your long-term goals in the next 2 years. This is completely up to you.
- How are you going to action these goals?
- What training are you going to commit to?
- What is your regatta schedule?